AMAZON ALEXA GUIDE
Thank you for your purchase! This will guide you through the installation process. If you ever need any help throughout your installation, feel free to reach out to us at (417) 553-0504 or email us at
. We are here to help!
It's important that you have went through the entirety of the pairing process (pairing remotes, verifying limits, and pairing the shades to the gateway) before you proceed with the Alexa Integration!
STEP 1. Search for the PowerShades Skill in the Alexa App Store.
STEP 2. Once you've enabled the skill, it will prompt you to link your PowerShades Dashboard Account with Alexa.
STEP 3. Once you've successfully linked, you can close out of the Alexa App!
The primary method of targeting a device is by "shade name", "group name", or by invoking a "scene". These are all configured in your PowerShades Dashboard.
Shade Example: Living Room Shade One
Group Example: Living Room Shades
Scene Example: Bedtime
Shade names should be unique and simple. If you have trouble triggering a single shade, you might simply the shade name, especially if it closely resembles a group name - Alexa will priortize groups before individual shades.
Moving an Individual Shade
- Use PowerShades to open shade Living Room Shade One
- Tell PowerShades to move shade Living Room Shade One Forty Percent
- Use PowerShades lower shade Living Room Shade One
- Open PowerShades and Close Shade Living Room Shade
Moving a Group of Shades
- Use PowerShades to open Living Room Shades
- Tell PowerShades to lower Living Room Shades
- Use PowerShades to close group Living Room Shades
- Tell PowerShades to move Living Room Shades Seventy Percent
Invoking a Scene
- Tell PowerShades to Invoke Bedtime
- Use PowerShades to Trigger Bedtime
- Tell PowerShades to Execute Bedtime
- Use PowerShades to Run Bedtime